High performance, reliable, tunerless and wallet friendly. These were our goals when we set out to make the new 850 kit and we've hit every mark. Make no mistakes about it, this is a game changing kit for the 850. We are the first company to utilize the factory ECU/ECM to control fueling requirements for the turbo. This means no tuning no matter what boost you run or what elevation you run at. Pull the rope and ride the sled, just like a stock snowmobile, except you have all the power of a turbo.
This kit is the easiest turbo to install on the market with no cutting, welding or drilling required. Boost levels adjustible by the user between 3-10psi. External wastegate only, for the smoothest most spike-free delivery of boost possible.
There is no turbo kit for Ski-Doo that can match our kits ease of use, performance, and reliability - at any price point. How can we offer it at such a crazy price you ask? We've spent a lot of time and energy on engineering our kits to be as simple and high performing as possible, plus, we don't believe in the margins the other guys ask for. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our kits on snow kicking ass. Simple as that.
Shipping will be on a first order, first serve basis in the fall. To secure your kit, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required now with the rest to be collected when your kit is nearing shipment date. Spring pricing will be the best of year and also guarantee your order shows up before riding season starts for the 17/18 season. We are not offering an intercooler or can variants for 2017/2018. The stock can is quieter than previous standard muffler options and we found at boost levels under 10 an intercooler wasn't required, even in spring conditions.
Please print this form (<--- click there) and include it with your ECU when you receive notification your kit is nearing shipment.
- Fueling: We introduced our proprietary ECU reflash on the 4th generation Pro RMK kit and have further refined it for the 850. Reflashing the sled's stock ECU with a custom map specific to our turbo kit is the game changing technology that has brought turbo reliability and performance to never before seen levels. With the Silber 850 kit there is no monkeying around with control boxes or worrying about punching buttons as you change elevation, temperature, snow conditions or even boost levels. Our custom, dynamic map brings multiple variables into account such as manifold pressure, exhaust valve position, fueling via both sets of injectors, spark timing, temperature, RPM, EGTs and adjusts parameters in real time to keep your sled running without a hiccup and without touching a thing. Pull the rope. Go. Have fun.
- Engine Protection: We are the only manufacturer that has the capability to turn the oil pump up to allow your engine proper lubrication while running a turbo.
- Turbo: The heart of any turbo kit is the turbo setup itself. Our kit includes an external wastegate kPa ceramic ball bearing turbo specific to the 800cc two stroke engine size. This means you'll build boost quickly, smoothly and keep your turbo spooled incredibly well when on/off the throttle in tighter more technical terrain.
- Adjustable Boost: As noted above, we control boost through an external wastegate. Want to lower boost and save on gas? Maybe it dumped the night before and you want to run more boost. No problem. With our kit one only needs to swap wastegate actuator springs and control your boost from 3-12psi. Silber notes the kit comes preset with a 7psi spring.
- No Cut Installation: Our system is designed to quickly install without modification of the sled. Our exhaust system is constructed of 304 SS and fully polished. The system was designed to enhance performance while minimizing noise. The exhaust exits the OEM location in the belly pan allowing for simple installation.
- Silicone Charge air is fed to the engine through a custom molded silicone charge tube. We use custom silicone because it’s the smoothest flowing, doesn’t conduct heat like aluminum and allows for an OEM like fit.
- Intake: The intake air is routed to the turbocharger through plastic cold air intake. The custom high impact modular pllastic intake is feather light and adapts seamlessly to the OEM hood. This allows for cold air to be drawn through the stock hood vents.
- Intercooler: TBD. We are still working on an intercooler, if we deem appropriate, for this kit. Standard kit ships **without** intercooler as 98% of our kits over the last 24 months have shipped without them to very happy customers.
For fueling, instructions or technical frequently asked questions, please click our "install" tab.
- Do I need to send back my ECU for a reflash? Yes you need to send us your ECU if you purchase a kit.
- What is the kit set at from the factory? The wastegate actuator is set to open at 7psi. We now include a 3 and 5 pound springs to allow you to vary boost. Simply pop the wastegate open using the included tool, put the different spring in and go.
- How long does it take to install the kit? If you are familiar with sleds, it'll take 3-5 hours to properly install the kit. We've had certain customers do the install in under an hour.
- Does the kit come with everything I need? Yes! Included with the kit is everything you'll need to get on snow on a properly running machine.
- My friend said Silber isn't as bitchin' cause it costs less. Is this true? No. One of our main design goals is to bring reliability and performance to the masses. Our kit is comparble to the "other guys" top notch offerings (external wastegate) and comes in at a significant discount. We have years of experience in the turbo kits have this expertise and experience allows us to put together a kit that more can afford without sacrificing reliability or performance.
- My sled has XXX (or X,XXX) miles on it. Can I put a turbo on it? Sure. But you'll want to be sure everything looks good and compression is within spec. It pays to clean your exahust valves and be sure your reeds are in good shape prior to installing a turbo. A turbo will not run properly if the motor isn't working right in the first place.
- How has belt life been? We are shocked to say belt life on the 850 has actually been awesome. We have a handful of test sleds, and all of them ran great stock with minimal belt problems. We aren't sure the catalyst to the 850 belt problem but have a hunch it may be a QC issue off the line. Some sleds eat them, some don't. It goes without saying, if your sled is eating belts stock, it'll likely only be worse with a turbo. Remedy this prior to turbo install.