Polaris Axys RMK 800 HO Turbo Kits
We have hundreds of Axys 800 HO kits on snow, and for good reason. This was the kit that changed it all. Fast, no-cut install, with many able to bolt one on in under 2 hours (including clutching), affordable, super fast responsiveness through the RPM range and enough power for the best riders in the world. Oh, and our retail pricing is better than dealer pricing from some of our competitors.
We offer two kits, intercooled and non-intercooled. Most of our customers go for the non-intercooled kit, which is awesome from 3-7psi, with some running 10psi. Those looking for the coolest charge temps and higher boost should go intercooled.
Pricing for the Axys 800 HO kit is $3750 for the non intercooled variant, $4500 for the intercooled variant. This includes *everything you need to get on snow*.
For 2021 our Axys kit is getting revised to eek even more performance from the tried and true 800 CFI motor. New mapping, improved clutching all driven by the tried and true factory ECU. Pull the rope. Ride.
We are offering this kit in two trim levels, the standard external wastegate, our most popular kit to date. and a premium water to air intercooled kit, for those riders looking to push the most boost in the most extreme environments.
Pricing (In US Dollars)
- External wastegate kit: $3750
- External wastegate with water to air intercooler: $4500
- When you purchase a kit, please print off this form and include it in the box with your ECU when you send it back to HQ for your reflash! Not sure wehre to send the ECU? Address is here.
- Looking for your user manual or install manual? Check our install manual page.
- We also have remote reflash facilities throughout the country!
- Loooking to finance? Cool! We now offering financing. Check out our financing page here for instructions.
- Instant approval. Checking your credit score does not effect your score.
Our goal for the Axys turbo kit was to continue upon the success of the existing RMK line and to look for ways to add additional value. Our design team was tasked to focus on 6 key areas: Improving performance, easier “no cut” installation, user friendly operation, utilizing high quality components, improving manufacturing processes, and deliver a system that is priced to allow the general sledding population to afford.
The Silber Turbos team began development of this new turbo kit during the 2014-2015 season and has been testing, refining and developing manufacturing processes to ensure Silber Turbos continues to lead the way into the 2016 season. Our exclusive access to Polaris factory riders and employees offers us an inside edge on the competition and has allowed us to test the new turbo kit in the same conditions that factory riders used to test the new platform.
Our design team exceeded expectations in all the identified areas and we are pleased to release the Silber Turbos 2016 Axys Turbo Kit. Please check the Highlights tab for additional information.
A note on intercoolers: Please note: for most riders we suggest the non-intercooled kit. Those who want to run full race gas and bump their boost to 10+ psi may want to consider the intercooler. Anyone going over 10 may also need to consider larger injectors and a customer map. If you are looking for 12+psi, please call.
When ordernig, please print this form and include it with your ECU when shipping it back.
- Fueling: We introduced our proprietary ECU reflash on the 4th generation Pro RMK kit and have further refined it for the Axys. Reflashing the sled's stock ECU with a custom map specific to our turbo kit is the game changing technology that has brought turbo reliability and performance to never before seen levels. With the Silber Axys kit there is no monkeying around with control boxes or worrying about punching buttons as you change elevation, temperature, snow conditions or even boost levels. Our custom, dynamic map brings multiple variables into account and adjusts parameters to keep your sled running without a hiccup and without touching a thing. Pull. Go. Have fun.
- Engine Protection: We are the only manufacturer that has the capability to turn the oil pump up to allow your engine proper lubrication while running a turbo. As additional fuel and air is run through the motor, oil demand is heightened. The stock ECU is designed to lessen oiling as air thins out (you rise in elevation and theoretically load drops). Our propriety tuning software allows us to increase oil volume regardless of air pressure to provide adequate protection for the engine. Remember, pre mixing gas is not an option with these fuel injected motors as the lubrication via fuel will make it to the key areas of the motor.
- Turbo: The heart of any turbo kit is the turbo setup itself. Our kit includes an external wastegate ceramic ball bearing turbo specific to the 800cc two stroke engine size plumbed with a recirculating BOV. This means you'll build boost quickly, smoothly and keep your turbo spooled incredibly well when on/off the throttle in tighter more technical terrain.
- Adjustable Boost: As noted above, we control boost through an external wastegate. Want to lower boost and save on gas? Maybe it dumped the night before and you want to run more boost. No problem. With our kit one only needs to swap wastegate actuator springs and control your boost from 3-12psi. Silber notes the kit comes preset with a 7psi spring.
- No Cut Installation: Our system is designed to quickly install without modification of the sled. Our exhaust system is constructed of 304 SS and fully polished. The system was designed to enhance performance while minimizing noise. The exhaust exits the OEM location in the belly pan allowing for simple installation.
- Silicone Charge air is fed to the engine through a custom molded silicone charge tube. We use custom silicone because it’s the smoothest flowing, doesn’t conduct heat like aluminum and allows for an OEM like fit.
- Intake: The intake air is routed to the turbocharger through plastic cold air intake. The custom high impact modular pllastic intake is feather light and adapts seamlessly to the OEM hood. This allows for cold air to be drawn through the stock hood vents.
- Intercooler: This intercooler system has a separate stand-alone cooling system to get the lowest charge air temps possible. The Intercooler is a custom water jacketed turbo compressor cover. Coolant is circulated through a custom billet aluminum heat exchanger and compressor cover with the use of the factory coolant system. The heat exchanger replaces the OEM bulkhead plate, allowing for OEM like fit and finish.
Please contact us to with any question or concerns you may have.
For fueling, instructions or technical frequently asked questions, please click our "install" tab.
- Do I need to send back my ECU for a reflash? Yes you need to send us your ECU if you purchase a kit.
- What is the kit set at from the factory? The wastegate actuator is set to open at 7psi. We now include a 3 and 5 pound springs to allow you to vary boost. Simply pop the wastegate open using the included tool, put the different spring in and go.
- How long does it take to install the kit? If you are familiar with sleds, it'll take 3-5 hours to properly install the kit. We've had certain customers do the install in under an hour.
- Does the kit come with everything I need? Yes! Included with the kit is everything you'll need to get on snow on a properly running machine.
- My friend said Silber isn't as bitchin' cause it costs less. Is this true? No. One of our main design goals is to bring reliability and performance to the masses. Our kit is comparble to the "other guys" top notch offerings (external wastegate) and comes in at a significant discount. We have years of experience in the turbo kits have this expertise and experience allows us to put together a kit that more can afford without sacrificing reliability or performance.
- My sled has XXX (or X,XXX) miles on it. Can I put a turbo on it? Sure. But you'll want to be sure everything looks good and compression is within spec. It pays to clean your exahust valves and be sure your reeds are in good shape prior to installing a turbo. A turbo will not run properly if the motor isn't working right in the first place.
- Can I reflash my ECU back to stock? Yes you can.